Speaking up for people with learning disabilities – our ten campaign pledges
Our Stay Up Late Ambassadors are the public face of our campaigning. These are people with a learning disability and/or autism who help us spread the word about the changes we want to see.
To celebrate Stay Up Late’s tenth anniversary we asked our ambassadors to come up with ten pledges to help our campaigning. Ten things that are important to them and important to Stay Up Late.
These are what our ambassadors came up with. We proudly launch our ten campaign pledges.
Our ten campaign pledges – what we want
1. To be able to choose where we live and choose the people in our lives who are happy to support us
2. To be able to socialise, make our own friends, fall in love and have relationships
3. To be able to make our own decisions
4. To have the opportunity of a paid job if we want one
5. Pubs, venues and other places to be welcoming and accessible for everyone regardless of disability
6. To be able to stay out late, have fun and choose when we go to bed #NoBedtimes
7. To have the support we need to feel more independent again after lockdown restrictions end
8. For everyone to feel welcome and no discrimination regardless of age, race, gender, sexuality or disability
9. To educate people, speak up for our rights and have our voices heard
10. To have a full life and be valued for who we are
Find out motre about our campaigning work here
If you would like to be involved in campaigning for Stay Up Late please contact email@example.com
Help us by donating
Our community need you! Help more more adults with a learning disability get out and have fun. And help learning disabled people have their voices heard. All donations make a huge difference. Thanks a million for your support from The Stay Up Late community. Donate here